Individual Post #3

Re:

Hi Jonnie I really enjoyed reading your post, especially your reflections on the indigenous Australia youth article. You raised a good point in saying that some families may not be as comfortable in the idea of an open and/or unlimited access to Internet. i think this applies to not only the indigenous group, but also the greater public. As a parent of young kids, I can definitely see the concern here regarding this. Like you mentioned, it is then really up for educators to ponder on what other ways the concept of open education and OERs could be distributed and encouraged in this case.
In regards to your question on the first reading material for the week (Open Pedagogy), I would like to argue that while comfort zone could potentially become a problem that limits knowledge, it would be much less likely if a large number of students with differing backgrounds were included in the “classroom.” Each of them would have different levels of existing knowledge and visions, and with a multitude of ideas and intellect this problem might be mitigated. in other words, i believe diversity of students is the key here. I would love to see other’s opinions on this as well!